And the sun slid beneath the waves
Your voice echoed on the plate
I sipped from the small
Decorated cup, filled with
Strong and earthy grains
You coughed so familiar,
And brought a lighter to your lips
I watched intently
As your hands cupped around your face
As if you were holding the most breakable of hearts
The gulls called in the summer breeze
As the wind pulled them to dance
I uttered the words under my breath
Your eyes met mine,
You didn't understand
I see you now,
as if you were here
So few times together,
We travel in my mind
I take you with me
To the blossoming olive trees
To the mountain for tea
To places only I have seen
I return to my home,
I am alone
I suddenly feel a crush so intense,
A collapse on my chest
I claw at my skin,
But you are not under it.
No comments:
Post a Comment