I see you there
Fired feet and burning skulls
'It fails to be a factor'
He says, upon the stage,
A guitar in his hand
Sunshine and wheat
The center of the universe
Are your eyes
Never before,
I said, never before
Have I,
I said, I have never before
wanted to stay so badly
And I lied,
Yes I did sir, I expected
From you the truth
I expected more of you
But there is a chrome palace
One day we will groove in the
Shiny mirrored rooms and live
On the wings of a glowing eagle
And I will change your life
Burn an image in your skull
Of the magic girl
Who danced on rose petals and
Played music in your ears
As you drift off to sleep.
My love, oh how!
You will drift into sleep.
2 comments:
Really beautilliful piece Miranda!
Glad i got a chance to read it.
Thank you Jamie! WOW. You are the first comment I have ever received, probably due to the fact that I kept this blog a secret for months. You tell one guy... ; )
Glad you enjoyed it.
Post a Comment