Monday, May 9, 2011

stranger calls
it's midnight
I recognize the voice
over the foggy line

you

morning comes
and the nightmares stop
despite your distance
i have to fight you off

you

You are gone
and your heart with you
you took nothing else but mine
along too

coffee brewed and my
scarf tied tight
I'm taking my time with
your sunrise

you

the wheat fields call to my
open bed
yearning for a love you
couldn't give

you

You are gone
and your heart with you
you took nothing else but mine
along too

and couldnt you have left
just a fragment of me behind
I might have grown it
and stood tall like a tree

crackled voice and some
bad reception
your quoting your words and
they're barely written

you

oh you are the light
and you always were
they're only nightmares
because you aren't there

and I feel you reach out with your
mind to me
it breaks my heart but
I cannot see

with you yelling in my ears
"think of me"
you gave up your right
when you turned to leave

oh you turned to leave
so hang up please.

No comments:

Search This Blog