Saturday, July 30, 2011

Open a Door

Was I made of tiny ears?
Or perhaps tiny fish,
they all scurried and scuffled and created a shape
and it took to it's long reaching legs
took a few steps and didn't fall down,
well it's the strongest now

on sunny days I burst into bloom
and when it rains I am sustained
for one more visit in my parlour room
I'm a frail little creature, you say,
but when you die you'll become the soil
of which I'm already made

am I enraged? am I on fire?
Was I ever not filled with burning desire?
But somehow the waves in me match the waves in you
So let's cascade upon the rocks a while
and talk about the deepest of hues
the hue I will paint on you

I can see behind your layered eyes,
too much earth in only one sky
so kiss me and I'll wash you down
(I'll leave your speckled skin and your mud slicked hair)
but your soul will gasp for air

Joys of joys of joys of then,
of dreams in between cups of tea again
I'll bring you a bushel of apples, like a horse in the wind
but go for a walk with me through the woods instead

Still, more than a man and more than a lady
we've built a castle without delaying
and we haven't yet noticed what a home we've created
but one day you'll open a door and I'll be waiting

No comments:

Search This Blog