Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wrapped Within

I am tracing my fingers
Across your cheek
Like a painting,
I am stroking your arm
with acrylic
A thick, creamy, smooth acrylic

"I never want to let you down"
I lay back and inhale,
Your eyes burning into
My mind

I do not want to forget the shafts
The shafts of light that
burrow into my curves
My small little curves
I open the curtains more
The sunlight is golden
It sets your face on fire
On fire in my mind

We are surrounded by
Blue and green
Like an ocean,
an ocean of love
The waves of blankets crash
Against our bodies
Entwined and buried
Deep within the earth

"I never want to let you down"
I am walking to your arms
Wrapped within
Your nose brushing the back of my neck
The smell of sea salt on your lips
Let me taste it.

No comments:

Search This Blog