When I bathed yesterday the sun was on my lips
and the day was full of promise and froth.
It smelled like a flower bed and I wanted to weep
but it was too beautiful to shed tears.
It was serious.
Dimly lit, soft voice, quick touch, strong hug
a force beyond me
I came home bound and determined
"what a nice visit."
"full of laughter"
"full of joy"
full of adult things.
full of grown up hearts and red string.
Supplemental sunbeams in your eyes.
It made me crazy.
Today, it is cold and my body cries and gushes because
it didn't have a soul to cradle and grow.
Pink water.
Gentle sunstrokes.
This is dangerous. I know not how. I do not know how!
How to bring you to the edge of the water and
teach you to quell my fears.
You are too far away.
This is serious.
Fragments of a book,
half of a look
Bath is full.
No comments:
Post a Comment