I am a heavy art
bones and flesh and litres of blood
I weight a ton and
I fall in love almost daily
(It's less frequently lately)
Somewhere between slow receiving
and dulled hearing
I've lost you
Resounding folk songs
like you came from the south
like you came from out of the earth
born of the woods, if the trees
were drowning in black ink
a smell distinct
like tears and my right cheek
I laid myself down in a valley
I planned on it all ending
One by one, my limbs would fail me
I would get a bit drunk and dizzy
Then my vision would fade to black,
like a sad but beautiful movie
And slept I did
for weeks and weeks, for months
until I became apart of the landscape
vines wrapped around my long pale limbs, and took me in
Lavender blooms around my ears
Sunflowers bursting out of my hands
A crown of floral wishes, a bed of moss and jasmine
They're voices became louder as they
whispered
"we love you"
every single one of the buds, every leaf
their voice began to raise with every breathe I took
until the cacophony of crying earth souls
almost deafened me
Oh god, I hear you
Mother, I hear you
Now awake, I was left with a plight
Do I return to my previous life?
I've spent so long in the arms of the soil
How can I stand and walk away
back to the home before, now empty
But I know that they love me.
No comments:
Post a Comment