Saturday, September 4, 2010

More Ocean Time Loving

When I crawled into my bed
it felt like I was crawling back into the ocean
Except I could breathe
I could finally breathe

There were no crustaceans to feed on
no brothers to greet
there was just the nakedness of my feet
the brushing water on my knees

Beads clasped on my hair and
braids with bits of string
blue daughter, ocean bay,
lovers bed, siren lake
Called you to my side but
you were too far to hear
and too locked up in your ship
to even feel fear

I flapped against those rocks like a
fish on a dock,
calling hoo hoo hoo, like a sprite tied to a rock
I only wanted to be free
to throw my arms back into the sea
but I couldn't even fathom the water
without he

Little siren, with a song in her throat
gurgles beneath the waves of blanket
and the sound of rocking boats.

No comments:

Search This Blog