"I will tell you a story,"
She said
And to this day
My friend
She hasn't left me waiting
I suppose I should know
I suppose I should tell her
Cross the line
I suppose I know
That I will not be chosen
What do I expect?
What else can I do
when I have chains on my legs pulling me
Into the golden love
I can't help but drown
Drown in the quiet from
The other line
'Are you there?'
She never was.
Ahhh and what should I expect?
From a tramp like me
I hold her in my pocket
Where she doesn't belong
And who am I to say?
That it isn't where she ought to be
But by God,
It destroys every bit of me
I want to fight kicking and screaming
I want to parade for the rights
I want to demand of her freedom
And capture all of her nights
I don't want to lose my battle
Though in the end I know,
It's all just a War
That I was destined to lose.
And the fact that she adores me,
My god.
It's only one of her truths.
So... what do I expect?
I expect to fall,
And I expect to lose it all.
1 comment:
Wise as you may be, weathering the top of a mountain, it is only upon your descent that you will learn how deeply I am in love with you.
Post a Comment