Monday, July 13, 2009

Salt Eyed and Tongue Tied

I feel the water push against
The strokes my feet are making
My hands lose strength
And my body begins to tire

I found a match by your bed
It hadn't been lit
I wanted to kiss it

I am afraid,
As I am dragged
The river is too strong
For me to fight

The brightest blue
Glowing behind my eyes
Calls to you

The river takes me,
My lungs are full
My heart is full
My gut is full

LET GO
I do, I do
Salt eyed and tongue tied

The river slows,
As I am expelled into the salted ocean
My hair like tendrils
My skin like rubber

This ocean is the most beautiful...
Love ocean,
Tea ocean,
Sunlight ocean,
Green ocean,
Soul fire blue ocean,
Home of my mothers ocean,
Resting place ocean,
Eternal gratefulness ocean,
Thank you ocean,
Good bye
You are home
I love you
Forgive me
Take me away
Here you are
Here I am ocean.

No comments:

Search This Blog