Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hello, Good Morning, Thank You.

My name is Miranda. This is my very first of many (crosses fingers) blogposts. Let me tell you a little bit about how I want this whole deal to work out. I post art, writings, webcomics, etc. on a frequent basis. I want this to be a creative outlet, another extension of my limbs, so to speak. I'm going to answer some questions about me, so you can have a bit of a debriefing before frolicking into this wondrous land. This interview will be held by a close friend of mine... or me, whatever you prefer to refer to her as :)

Q. Hi, I'm here with Miranda! How are you today?
A. Hi Miranda! I'm great.

Q. Now, Miranda, do you care to tell us a little about yourself?
A. I'm a... girl?

Q. I see, very interesting. Now, what would you define your artistic style as?
A. A bit of realism with a shattering call from the subconscious and a dab of whimsy.

Q. And what kind of writing do you prefer?
A. I prefer prose, although I am most definitely not opposed to poetry.

Q. Fair enough. What motivated you to make this blog?
A. I do a lot of writing that I wouldn't necessarily want viewed by everyone I know, so this kind of gives me freedom and an audience that I don't choose nor really know. Also, My friend essentially begged me to start doing webcomics. A blog seems the obvious choice, really.

Q. Now, why do you write?
A. Why don't I write?

Q. Touche. Are you writing a novel?
A. When I write, it is a full body/mind experience that takes a lot out of me. I don't think that where I am now would be the appropriate time to reign my passions in, being youthful and all. I would like to release an anthology of my musings, however. Just no plotlines for me.

Q. What is your favourite word?
A: Thank You. Or tendrils... that word has stuck with me since childhood, and still befuddles my mind.

Q. What are your five favourite films?
A. The Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, The Lion King, Across the Universe, The Science of Sleep, The Tracy Fragments.

Q. Any Honorable mentions?
A. Amelie is adoration.

Q. Now, your favourite films seem to have many things in common. Can you detail these for us?
A. They all deal with simplicities, with fragments and memories and the past and learning. They are all heartbreakingly understood by my heart.

Q. Well, Miranda, thank you very much for lending your time!
A. Of course, Miranda, anytime. Peace and Love.

No comments:

Search This Blog