In my dream I see her standing in front of me. Her hair is cropped short and she has a distressed expression on her face. I awake and see her standing at the foot of my bed and her hair is long and she wails at how lovely her life is. How in love she is, how good he is to her, how he despises me. The latter being a footnote.
In the autumn I find her in the leaves on the ground. In the winter I find her beneath the snow. In the spring she is gone, in the summer she is drowning. Why does she love the lingering souls of the earth?
I love her. I love her sad eyes. I would wait for her, if she asked. I have never met such a girl. If we loved each other, I could see her brighter and brighter in my mind. She loves me, but she is shackled to a sea dog.
Such sad eyes she has beneath that blanket of snow. I am too cold to melt it with my hands. They will just grow colder and colder until I become the snow, but then I shall forever be closer.
No comments:
Post a Comment