I used to feel you deep in these notes
deep within his voice crooning
over soft string plucking
I felt you in my knees
and in my heart
There's a fist in my throat
it's choking me out
And somewhere in your house
there is proof
that I was brave enough to meet you
And maybe somewhere in your home
there lies the memories of my eyes
being stunned by every one of your moves
And somewhere there is evidence
that I ran into that water
cold and freezing I stripped down to nothing
I removed every one of my skins
and I am left blue and quivering
Hey you,
my dearest love
What are you doing here?
The heart in your hands is no longer beating
What are you doing?
And like the cold of the ocean
I am frozen over
I'm sorry to the men with gentle feet
Wishing to glide across my floor
They deserve more
than the wasted empty blue girl
I am,
but wasn't before.
No comments:
Post a Comment