Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sunrise

I don't want you to think,
I want you to feel it
deep in your bones, my words will weave
a gentler piece of fragility
and you will see.

he fought to have me see the sunrise
I fought against his wants for me
and now the sun at four in the morning
is the only thing left to be.

Despite the clawing creature in
my gut, I wanted to stay
but somehow that sunrise
is more constant than pain.

How many windows I pressed my head against
leaned on and cried
while that fire ball rose without you
by my little blue-clad side.

In you I looked for a home,
misguided, lost and a little bit cold
just my skin to protect me, and even then it's mangled
but in you there was no room.

Fair enough, fair enough,
I thank you for your time
I will not mention how you wasted mine.

I'd rather be sleeping
but it no longer comes
So I'll stand here with the sound of my weeping
and watch the world turn back into the sun.

Hands and hands upon hands
I'm loved by my tea and that's all I need
and for now
the sunrise is the only thing left to be.

No comments:

Search This Blog