See the song here.
So long to your collarbones
perfectly shaped,
peeking past your loose grey shirt
a little love-frame
I stood atop a hill,
and cried "free, free, free"
but with every echo of my voice that returned to me
I crumpled and slowly pushed
back into the soil of my dreams
and quietly I asked "How are you feeling?"
longing to here an answer
that would keep me breathing
and quietly he said,
"You are challenging."
I am a victim of my own memory
reduced to fears of self-fulfilling prophecy
I feel as if I loose and quake at everything
and tomorrow I will still be remembering
that you are beautiful
you are beautiful
you were beautiful with your bright blue laughter
and your painted veil
now just a chapter
how long will I wait for you to appear in text
at a gas station or at my door step
and I will persevere
I will fight you to the death
on the heartbreaking and dream-haunting subject
that you are beautiful
You were beautiful
And where did the man go
Among all of this?
chaos and permanent defiance
A dead dying hope
that you would find a way
to cope with the aching in my legs
with all the mountains I have climbed
in perfect shame
Oh, love me not
but leave with your angry name
But you never came,
you never came.
So these are years
that go by silently,
fill those years without
you faithfully.
No comments:
Post a Comment