Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blogspot

I'm going to write somewhat of a normal, fairly unpoetical blog sort of thing. I am doing this for many reasons, one of which is that I feel like my feet have grown roots to this blog and all who read it (which I'm quite certain is no one at this point, which just reinforces its usefulness as a bit of a journal). The other reason is that it is four in the morning, and I am scanning the 24 hands and feet I had to draw and prepare.
Please, forgive my grammar, syntax, and any other errors that may occur due to my half minded night-time drooling.
I have spent the last ten minutes trying to find a song that fits my mood, which is impossible these days (not even my iPod knows me anymore)and all it keeps spewing out is Ryan Adams and Tori Amos and fucking, like, Prozzak or some shit. Frankly, I wouldn't mind stabbing each of those artists in the chest, and this is not because I don't like them. Love them. Invigorate me. Fulfill me. They also just happen to want to make me stab myself in the chest, and being quite a survivalist and general living-enthusiast, I feel as though those emotions aren't necessary. I do not need to feel like burning alive in an empty cavern with hearts scraped on the walls, no. My imagination and self-indulgent temperment does that enough for me. "Love is hell, Ryan? Here, have a seat and put a cigarette in your mouth you arrogant fuck. Also, can you sign this album for me, I love your work."
I finally landed on a Weakerthans song, which always reminds me of my roommate Amy. It has enough soul to be understood and poignant but it doesn't make me want to get drunk and fucked up.
School took my body and put me through a wood-chipper, and then put me back together, whereupon it punched me in the face. I love it. Seriously, I'm not joking. It's fantastic.
I'm doing great at work, and school is wonderful and I have my own apartment, life is just amazing. Every night I get to have a glass of my favourite red wine (Dan Akyroyd Cabernet Sauvignon! My go-to vinoooo)and have a date with Jon Stewart. He's always so coy.
Despite my growing insanity due to sleep deprivation, I am somewhat looking forward to the sunrise. That is, if I get my work done before then.
I'm planning on recording a short EP soon with the help of a couple friends. The school has a recording studio, and one of my teachers as so kindly offered to help me record so perhaps by the end of the semester I should have a few of my songs composed and recorded. My one pal is a first rate guitarist, and while I am somewhat of a pro at ukulele now it'd be nice to have a more skilled person play my finger-picking that my knuckles just haven't wrapped themselves around yet.
Oh yeah, the soundtrack of Once. Just wrist-slittin' evening.
Other things I am working on: Life.

Egghhhh, I have to focus now. Thanks for listening/reading. Whoever you are, I send all my love.

MQ

No comments:

Search This Blog