Friday, October 29, 2010

Instead of Drawing Landscapes

Gilded with gold,
you dreamed of the silver you could be.
Like the shape of a wave,
my hands were water and I lost them over you.
I'm beading off your olive skin, thought it's paled
by winter wind.

Oh, give me some Drakian advice,
to soothe my troubled mind,
to purge me of this plight,
I am just filled to the brim with your eyes.

Were you in search of a slave?
Your name on my pink tongue, ready
to leap on you all the time
(and me all the night)
a collection of words to describe your loving
not a single one of them flattering
A kiss and smile from Anubis and the deal is done
I'll weep when you're gone
I'll cry when I've won

But hold me fast before I sleep
My arms are coldest at midnight
Do not kiss me goodbye,
do not promise to write
it only breaks my heart know to you will lie.

Hello, shining voice of God,
pluck him from his inking heart
make him realize his mistake
(alas, he is too great)
But, good morning leap of faith
you are so charming when you wait

and these words are a call to arms,
a plee of mercy from the battle scars
here is my prayer, said in the deepest place of my breast
said directly to he,
find a way to bridge the gap
back to me.

No comments:

Search This Blog