when I see your clear eyes
I am at home
Your body and your mind
your laugh in the dim light
It is the clearest piece of you
I will not cast myself to the side
Hungry and full of blood
My veins are screaming out
"We are important"
where I see you unfurl
at the foot of my bed
when the top of your head
laid upon my toes
come, let me bear you
you and your heavy heart
full of want and trepidation
be here now
This is life, this is where,
in the crux of the earth
we came and will return
the sun bathed you and brightened your spirit
But we love only as much as we do
We love only as much as we can
And then we do it all again
And tomorrow I might die
what will you remember?
I will remember your taken breath
and your clear sky eyes
I want no regrets
and the chance to be loved will not be one
My dear, love is all that makes
this world bearable
My love for the trees, and for the grass
for the water and for my hair
for you and for her
these things give me hope when
my belly is open and the sky is black
and our people are dying
You bring me hope
So be, just as you wish to be
Everything will fall into place
Meet me half way
because when you are frightened
you frighten me
No comments:
Post a Comment