Thursday, January 27, 2011

Some middle of the night wine

Is it a secret you've kept forever?
Toiling inside a hidden crevice,
I am a memory locked behind another layer

Ghostly and withered,
I am a dithered little girl
and yet,
oh and yet,
you are tethered to my lure

eyes lowered,
blues and silvers wondered
so many times my eyes
have looked so at you

and still in bed you lay,
though your heart be racing
and your morning be may
and in the anchors of your shored heart
beating against the dock and creaking against the fey
we are still shells and wooden cases
of the lovers we once made

and to know what it is to love a shield
to love a field
to love a real
boy
full of truth and love and honesty
what a way to be

lay down beneath the large oaks
and maybe the roots will grow over you
you'll finally
be the earth you wish to be

and when you disappear into the trees
I will stand here and eat
and wait to properly meet
the soul you kept trying to impress upon me
A soul I never did see.

No comments:

Search This Blog