Monday, June 21, 2010

Tramp

the bodies of boys and the bodies of men
we were neither, we were charity cases
just a sac of bones mingled together
somewhere in a carnival

and I removed your blue suit jacket
neatly, placed it by the bed
who knew that with layers of clothes on
You still looked so naked

and now I see it,
this naked/blue-blazered boy
would never have knickers hanging in his closet
he's a tramp
a fiend
showered and clean, he'll rip you limb from limb
with nothing but a smile and a bite of his lip

In two days, please call
please wake me up with your wishes
wake me up with your presence and virtue
in two days I will forget you

I cannot help a soul concealed
there is no way to reach it
I put in as much as I expect to get out
then put on my hat and leave it.

No comments:

Search This Blog