I see your face,
hanging there, your eyes dance and follow me
though you are still
twenty painterly lovers
all standing proud, all armed
decked in blue and white blouses
high trousers
curled hair
twenty painterly lovers
there's a tenderness in this soldier's hands
he's held and soothed and wiped away tears
you can tell by the state of his sleeves
I dream of his perfect ears
I held you close to me
and whispered into your hair
the feeling of your cheek against mine
a tiny bit of miracle
a tiny grain of grace
Arms wrapped almost right around
Press myself into your chest
Put me back into your chest, my love
Oh my sweetest dear, I'll live in your lungs and be your breath
You won't even see me, I'll be a secret
a constant flutter,
put me back into your chest.
You painted me a husband,
looking out to sea
his eyes are blue, but they're also green
he's eternally looking for me.
1 comment:
Post a Comment