Friday, June 4, 2010

Warmed You

all that is left of you
now
is my morning coffee
my restored faith in words
my drifting looks

and you are so lovely
always was
always will be

I'll tell the story of
your hands, drawn and moving
fluidly through painted
veils of memory
languid and loving, a true creature of fire

and the stars were right
but not quite
self-fulfilled and prophetic
I am one step closer
to the end of my lives

I transcend everyday
My life is a movement, my soul
a guide
and what have I taught you, dearest?
I hope my reflection in your tea
has left you fuller, warmer, wiser, honest
to see a being, pure and true
I hope that has warmed you.

2 comments:

Inna Testolini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Inna Testolini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Search This Blog