Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I turned.

I don't deserve these wet socks
these external blues
I deserve white cotton sheets
and your knees
your toes tangled
in mine

the tendrils of my hair
will tickle your cheek,
golden thread
bursting from my head

you know how I got this way?
I was born out of love
I was a wish that was answered
I fought my little heart out to stay
to keep breathing
my hair was shocked and holds no colour
my limbs can hold no weight
my eyes saw the dancing sun
and the Gods above
but I turned around,
I turned from a land of plenty
I turned and turned from things you
cannot even imagine
things that could turn your
hair to gold and eyes to
pools of reminiscence

I turned for love
I turned for air,
for trees, for hope and happiness
I turned for the people who prayed for me
Who dropped to their knees and cried at
an altar, an altar.
I came back for you,
for all of you
That such beauty could behold me
to keep me from a heaven of my design
You stole my breath and gave it back.

No comments:

Search This Blog