I've been missing you each day
like a a quiet voice in my gut
I spent my night on my
hands and knees
trying to find the tiniest
silver memory
and it's good because
in between our glances
I'm trying to find my
own feet
who would have thought
they would be right here
I've known nothing better
just dreamt of it
dreamt of hands to wake up to
seldom proves true
but you don't miss what you don't know
except I know you in my skin
in my deepest vein
I think I do
So it's almost second nature
weakened and yearning
trying to overcome and learn
It's hardest when I
do not exist where you do
When I feel this space where you aren't
These streets you don't walk
But you did
Once
If there were anyone equipped
to handle a longing
It would be me
I was born for waiting
born for loving
born for understanding
I've been training all my life
I wonder how old I am
because I'm not this
It scares me most
the fact that you can see it
My cupboards are empty
and so is my cup
I'll fall asleep already dreaming
of you
It's just something I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment