Thursday, April 8, 2010

Past Solstice of Love

oh, to be a silver dream
one to linger in your wake-time
you burrow within yourself
afraid to listen
I am not afraid to listen to you

I have nothing but adoration
pride and admiration
you have given life and never taken
giving giving giving
you are the greatest you can do

until tomorrow there is the water
and there is the dazzled moon
who looks upon you with love
me and mother moon look upon you

I'll bloom under your eye light
your forgiveness and gentleness
you will forever permeate my memory
as one who began
and ended

I will never again love as I loved you
Oh, I have cherished since,
deeper and more fully
But I gave you a piece of my heart when I
was just a little horned girl
Cleft footed and spirited
I wouldn't dream of taking it back!
That piece is yours.

So, past summer solstice of mine,
the object of my affections
I bestow you with a kiss
on your brow and on your heart
that you were once loved so fully
so completely
so innocently
I thank you.

No comments:

Search This Blog