I should have listened to you
last night with the burner on
When you gave someone a ring
a wide, glimmering ring that
said "All Around The World"
You presented it proudly and I shook
I nodded
She'd be sure to wear it right
But everything else...
I no longer presume to know
I know nothing and
I know everything
Pause with your brow
on my knee
A soft lean
Oh, Lean on me
And I don't remember the
exact moment that recline
became heavier
and when that gaze
became languid
but I revel in it
and what of the ring?
Have I charmed you so?
I shielded my eyes for so long
hidden behind bangs of blonde
Meandered through the kitchen
I don't remember when she
left the room
And still there is the lean
The soft warm skin of a shoulder
linked, frozen, inhale, exhale
we looked in the same direction
and I was asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment