Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Star

I just want my limbs to grow
grow and grow
until I am nearest to the sun
Then maybe the way I am burned
will turn me into a star

that you can gaze at
on your beautiful roof
at night and all alone
you are not!
I am with you more than ever
Above, shining, eternal
Like a memory
but lovelier.

The kindest eyes,
I found you underneath a tree
with heavy roots
you wore heavy boots
I will take them off

So that you may step into
the watery sky
let your legs bring you higher
let your legs bring you to my side

I extend my reach to you
You have a special invitation
If someday you find,
while on your overgrown roof,
that there is an empty place in the sky
It's the one beside me
It is yours to take, my love.

So, what you will do,
is you will grow.
You will grow and grow
Until the branches on your knees
burn bright
The sky will turn a violet,
and I will place my slender hand in yours
show you the way
and infinity will find us.

No comments:

Search This Blog