Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I found you in a song

I found you once again in a song
it was layered and full
it's melodies swayed to my heart
the heart where every beat
speaks of you

and in this moment I am not heavy
I change everyday
but the memory of you is a sweet
place to dwell

oh my dearest!
oh my love!

oh I found you again in a song
The burning plain takes your encouragement
my arms are numb tonight
If you were to leave,
where would my silences be?

I'll take each day at a time
a time of eager adoration
Forgive me in my clumsiness
Forgive me in my newness

As I would always understand you
Please understand me
I found myself behind a tree
With some branches and vines growing
over my limbs
and through my hair
there were white roses
like reflections of light and love
reflections of your face

reflections of your eyes

Oh my dearest!
Oh my love!
You are a still river
A burning flame
You are all of the things that are eternal
and yet not

I found you in a song
it was honest, and small
All I can do is show you myself
All I can do is peel back my skin and my ribs and my
bloody insides
and hopefully you will find a glow
a beautiful golden yellow
and hopefully it warms you

That is all I can do.

No comments:

Search This Blog