The weather has never been so good
and yet I am weary
cheerfully weary
I sometimes cannot understand
how my love grows deeper
It's wearing my body down
I almost wept when I saw the sky
my adoration is becoming a sea
I am brimming
My eyes are just passages into my soul
and trust me, you've seen it
they're getting ready to pour
Pour my love from my eyes
pour them into the words
that just barely describe
that tomorrow i'll yearn
and yearn some more
i love your knees and your jeans
but mostly the things I do not see
you occupy me
all hours of the day I am
sitting here, loyally
Tomorrow's uncertainties
I refuse to let them hurt today
and today I'll wrap you in my arms,
make my arms long and extra forgiving
give you time to find your feet
I'll carry you home like a lover
for one day be my lover
And he said 'we could be heroes'
well I can understand that
I'm strong enough to face the after-the-fact
But I'm can't stop myself from pouring
my love all down your back.
No comments:
Post a Comment