Saturday, March 6, 2010

reel wine

the sun beamed as I filled myself with wine
the reddest wine,
how the bottle missed you

I sat in my chair and lingered a while
looking for something to rival you
looking for an image that reminded me of you

I touched my heart and it ached
held it close the way you will
I could bathe in that wine
and still never be as stained
as the mark you left on this heart

and I almost fell asleep not thinking of you
the wish for you to appear to me in the night
i wish for you on every eyelash lost
on every dandelion
on every tea leaf
i wish for you from the morning sunrise
to long after sunset

though you don't appear to me often
when you do it's a gift
a present you give me
your presence of mind

and i muse with the idea
that we are thinking of each other at the same time
i promise, while my loving is deep
do not be afraid
my arms are ready to hold you
and they demand nothing

and I wish for you on this wine drop
in my bath I'll sing of this
along with the fairy girl who plays
for me,
in my home of hot water
I'll wish for you there

These are the days of contentment and adoration
I was a woman then and more a woman now
To love you would be my current glory
To bed you a realization of self

But when I do dream of you it is vibrant,
and I reel for days
I am still reeling.
I am still drinking
I am still bathing
I am still wishing
You you you

No comments:

Search This Blog