my heart is sloshing back and forth
and I am dancing
the sun is gone, the night is thick
and I am swaying to a rhythm
of joy,
I just found some joy
the ocean says it's goodbye
I am sad to see it go
back to the shoreline
back, back, back
I swam with the whales last night
we almost flew into the sky
the stars were vivid and bright
and dear god, oh god that light was
so glorious,
I felt it in my ankles and my knees and
my elbows and my eyebrows
I felt you in the crown of my head
when I threw it back to that drum beat
Even dreams of apocalypse don't frighten me
though they used to, I would wake up in a sweat
but now I just laugh
laugh the end of the world in the face
look what you have done to me!
I'm becoming a living being!
And tonight I am dancing,
my skirt moving with me,
I am grinning and I am gliding
oh your love is prevailing
your love is prevailing!
No comments:
Post a Comment