the moon is high tonight
pulsing and whispering my name
I hear it when I sleep,
especially when I dream
but mostly when the dragonfly's wings are above me
this river I'm on
is full of life and loving
I hear the kingfishers
and loons sigh for you
I'm sighing with them
This twilight evening
And I will try to make you believe
that I am worth loving
That what you put in,
you will receive
I promise you that I'm happier
when in the cradle of your voice
sir, you come easy to me
The water is calm and fragrant
the crickets are reaching the crescendo
of swollen anticipation
I'm drifting away to sleep
in my boat made of cedar and oak
And I will try to make you believe
that I am worth loving
That what you hold
will hold you in turn
I promise you that I'm stronger
than when you last saw me
dear, your eyes are all I wish to see
In the morning I'll be sorry to wake,
to have to harbour my home,
and get back on the road
I like to think this river connects you
to the heart I hold
It's a little beating piece of life
look at me, I'm breathing here
We are little miracles of nature
I can feel your pulse through your shirt
Look at me, I have thoughts and dreams and hopes
and most are of you
I am sitting here waiting to show
you I am worthy
Tomorrow I will be closer to you,
the next day even closer still
My arms are aching to shelter you
from the cold and elements
you can not control
I'll begin and end the universe and become clear to you
as if the steam or fog or smoke has left the room
I'll stand and wait for you to contain me
in the kiss of reborn youth
No comments:
Post a Comment