his voice was not as expected
it drew out a long explanation
pause,
chilled
i am to the bone
"extremities"
meaning they can be lost
it was shallow, that breath
the one that caught the eastern sun
the wake of its visceral desire
desire for antique letters
of the finest script
the linens he bought were lacking
in depth, unable to hold
the heat within them
do many blankets make up for
just one that could protect you?
nothing in excess, the jasmine
shipped to his bedside was new
and it grew on him
He despised his voice and
that is why he didn't take to speaking
he found what he said to be
tempestuous, and he denied emotion
He thought,
"Matters of the heart look good on you.
They brighten your ears and
I am envious of your sentiments.
But challenge me and I will fail you,
I do not look good in red, or blue,
or even in the blackest despair.
I might break if I ever do."
And he bathed in water filled with brine
brine of the outside
Now he was honest, now he was faithful
Now he had an excuse when he was not able
to love you as you did him
The voice, he did croak
and this voice did not joke,
because it was then that he spoke
of you.
I saw it in his eyes, he fought for freedom
Barely a vision, I saw his losses,
The loved ones he never spoke of
and I held him, oh, I held him.
I'll be the strength in your legs,
the one you are afraid to ask for
I think I understand it now,
why you do not ask for more.
No comments:
Post a Comment