Wednesday, March 17, 2010

a promise.

I'll fill my voice
make it warm, an ideal
place for you to fall
I'll try to make my 'hello' alone
show you how much I love you

So your heart will not doubt
if I'm ever away
Whether I'm faithful to you
I don't want your heart troubled
or worried
I will always love you

and if you need me
to say it out loud, I will
and if you need me to write everyday
I will

and my love, if you need to run away
I will not stop you
and if you need solitude,
I will understand
but I will tell you
and fill my voice
that while you are away I will be here
always
I will be here to love you
when you are alone in your village bed
adorned with sea salt
I'll be alone in mine
With a yearning pulse

And you know that I am risking
Risking oh so much, and I'd be glad to
if only you would cherish me
and let me touch you too

I will be the cushion you'll fall upon
When the world is dark, and the sea is angered
I will hold you in my voice
which comes from safe inside my soul
deep within my heart.

No comments:

Search This Blog