The day today was not long. It was almost on fire, the sun was so bright and golden. I relished in the outside. I listened to Mozart and to the Goddess Girl of America and her harp. I listened to the birds. And then I listened to your voice.
It was a brief moment, passing, but so full. So full I wanted to lap it up like a pup who was eager. And I did. The sound of water was in the background of my home and I lazed in my bed- the blankets a sea green of ultimate glory, I love those blankets- thinking and luxuriating in moments.
Here's a moment,
here's a moment,
here's a moment.
Each second a moment to love. A moment of dulled senses, of wine drunk eyes. Perfume scented hair. I felt the soft sheets against my toes, I'd been wearing socks for days. Wearing socks for days and then feeling sheets on toes is the greatest feeling. Morning stretches, first minutes in a hot bath, falling asleep, love notes.
I still have notes tacked to my wall, the scripted words a piece of history now. Underlined. I see the gesture in my mind now, the movement needed for said underline. Was it a wild hand glide, filled with finite tenderness? Or was it soft, unassuming?
I wonder if each of my lovers will love the word facetious. I know I do. I also will love them. I wonder if my gaze will grow more and more cynical, more and more wary. I do hope the world doesn't break me.
I gave you my heart while I slept, while I dreamt. I had no choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment